Now Hiring: Collections Interns
The City of Platteville’s Mining & Rollo Jamison Museums seeks two Collections Interns to assist in artifact handling, cataloging, and database management for summer 2018.
The intern can expect to gain a practical working knowledge in the area of collections management. Interns will gain valuable collections management experience by helping inventory the collection, learn to work with PastPerfect Museum Software, our collections management database system, and gain artifact handling experience. The intern will also become adept at basic cleaning techniques for collection materials on display and in storage.
Supervisor: Tracey Roberts, Collections Manager
Proposed Intern Schedule: 10 weeks beginning June 2018; Length of internship can be finalized with the department supervisor at the time of the job offer. Interns are expected to work 200 hours total.
- Must hold US citizenship.
- Current enrollment in a graduate or undergraduate degree program in history, art history, anthropology, museum studies, or a related discipline preferred.
- Ability to work with diverse audiences including children, families, volunteers, and older adults.
- Strong written and communication skills.
- Experience with Windows applications.
- Ability to work proactively and independently on multiple tasks while maintaining quality and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to lift up to 35 pounds.
Compensation: $10/hour for up to 200 hours.
Application Procedure: To apply send a cover letter explaining by you are interested in the position, two letters of recommendation and your resume by April 1, 2018 to Diana Bolander, Museum Director at email@example.com or Mining & Rollo Jamison Museums, PO Box 780, Platteville, WI 53818.
Posted on Thu, March 1, 2018
by Diana Bolander