Support Level Membership Clubs & Benefits
Support Level Members give an extra amount that supports museum operations, programming, and collections care.
Josiah Pickard almost single-handedly made Platteville a seat of learning and higher education. The foundation he built in the Platteville Academy carried through to the Normal School of 1866, the Wisconsin School of Mines of 1907, and to the University of Wisconsin-Platteville of today.
Bee A. Gardner, a native of the Platteville area and a graduate of the Platteville Normal School, served as school librarian at University of Wisconsin-Platteville from 1893–1937. Under her guidance, the library grew from a small, one-room, 3,500-volume library to a 30,000-volume complex.
Hanmer Robbins was one of the first school teachers in Platteville. He served as the Superintendent of Platteville schools from 1854 to 1860, and was a major proponent of the creation of the Normal School. The 1905 Hanmer Robbins School was repurposed in 1981 by the City of Platteville to house the Rollo Jamison collection and exhibits.
- Anyone giving over $1,000 receives the following benefits:
- All the benefits of a Rollo’s Friends membership
- A Household Membership to give as a gift.
- Receipt of the Mining & Rollo Jamison Museums Annual Report, which provides an overview of the Museums’ achievements and priorities.
Rollo Jamison collected over 20,000 objects and displayed them in his independent museum, The Rollo Jamison Museum, in Beetown from the 1950s to 1981 when the collection moved to Platteville.
- All the benefits of a Bevan’s Band membership
- A private tour of the museum with a staff member for up to 20 friends
Lorenzo Bevans developed the Bevans Lead Mine and mined over 2 million pounds of ore in 1845-46. This is the mine located behind the Museums that we give tours of.
- All the benefits of a Rountree’s Circle membership
- Four extra tickets to share.
John Rountree was one of the founders of Platteville. He served in many public offices, supported public education, and donated land to build several churches and schools in town.
- All the benefits of a household membership
- Four tickets to share with family and friends
- Recognition in the Museums’ front entrance
Value Memberships Levels
Memberships expire one year from the date of purchase. Membership funds support Museums operations and programming.
- All the benefits of an individual membership apply to the members of one household.
- All the benefits of an individual membership for a grandparent and their grandchildren when they attend with the grandparent.
- Free museum admission
- 10% discount in the store
- Museums Newsletter and email updates
- Invitations to member-only events and openings
- Discounts on special programs and workshops
- Recognition in Newsletter
- All the benefits of an Individual Membership.
- Student I.D. or proof of age (over 62) required