Mon, July 4, 20169:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Celebrate July 4th at the Mining & Rollo Jamison Museum as we put on our annual Heritage Day Community picnic. From 9:00 am to 5:00 pm visitors can:
- Explore the special exhibit Mining Stock Certificates
- Play 19th century games such as hoop rolling, jacks, horseshoes, graces (a unique game of catch), sack races, soap bubbles, and stilts
- Complete a fun museum scavenger hunt.
- Witness special demonstrations of mechanical music boxes, gramophones, and a foot-powered jig saw.
- The Platteville Music Boosters will be sponsoring a food stand offering brats, hot dogs, snow cones, ice cream and more.
- The Rountree Art Gallery will feature a retrospective of local artist Bud Wall and offer a children’s activity.
- The 5K Walk/Run and the Youth Walk/Run begins in front of the museum with registration at 7:30 and an 8:00 start.
- Listen to the music of The Wundo Band performing (from 12:00 until 4:00)
Admission to the above and to the Museum exhibits is free for the day. Mine Tours and train rides are available at a reduced rate.