Tue, July 4, 20179:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Celebrate July 4th at the Mining & Rollo Jamison Museum as we put on our annual Heritage Day Community picnic. From 9:00 am to 4:00 pm visitors can:
- Hobby Horse Races with obstacles to celebrate our special exhibit on the Big Badger Fair.
- Play 19th century games such as hoop rolling, jacks, horseshoes, graces (a unique game of catch), sack races, soap bubbles, and stilts
- Complete a fun museum scavenger hunt.
- Witness special demonstrations of mechanical music boxes, gramophones, and a foot-powered jig saw.
- Check out the display of cars by the Southwestern Wisconsin Auto Club.
- Local collectors will show antique tractors and demonstrate hit and miss engines. You can see how these handy little machines helped farmers shell and grind corn and pump water.
- The Platteville Music Boosters will be sponsoring a food stand offering brats, hot dogs, snow cones, ice cream and more.
- The Rountree Art Gallery will feature offer an art project.
- The 5K Walk/Run and the Youth Walk/Run begins in front of the museum with registration at 7:30 and an 8:00 start.
- Listen to the music of The Wundo Band performing (from 12:00 until 4:00)
Admission to the above and to the Museum exhibits is free for the day.
Photos are available for press use. Please contact Diana Bolander at firstname.lastname@example.org for images.
To help us keep Heritage Day a free event for our entire community, we are looking for individuals and businesses to sponsor Heritage Day at the following levels:
$1,500 Event Sponsor
$1,000 Mining Train Sponsor
$1,000 Mine Tour Sponsor
$600 Music Sponsor - SOLD!
$500 Arts and Crafts Sponsor
Please contact Diana Bolander at email@example.com or (608) 348-3301 if you are interested in becoming a sponsor.