Dear Community Members of The Mining & Rollo Jamison Museums,
We have made the following modifications to operations and programs at The Mining & Rollo Jamison Museums to help support community health efforts during the COVID-19 pandemic:
- The museum will be closed to public visitors until May 1, at which time the situation will be re-evaluated. (We had been open to visitors during our off-season by advance reservation.)
- School field trips are postponed until further notice to comply with state COVID-19 guidelines.
- The museum administrative offices will remain open Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., continuing with facilities improvements, curriculum development, staff training, program planning, collections care, fund development, advertising and marketing efforts. (See Employees section below.)
- Business meetings and board meetings may be held by phone/online or may be rescheduled in compliance with state of Wisconsin and CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of infection.
- The Miners Ball (originally scheduled for April 18) will be postponed, with a tentative alternative date of Saturday, September 5th. Those who have already purchased tickets will receive personal communications informing them of options, and other invitees will be notified of the new date.
- Youth workshops including Animal House at the Museums and Museum STEAM will be postponed until further notice.
- Making at the Museums and other adult programs are postponed until May, at which time they will tentatively continue as scheduled, with smaller workshop sizes. Enrollment will be capped to comply with Wisconsin Gov. Tony Evers ban on public gatherings of 10 people or more. Participants are asked to comply with CDC guidelines to prevent the spread of infection.
- The Wednesday 4 p.m. weekly Museum Green Team Volunteer Hour scheduled to resume on April 22 will continue as planned (subject to change).
- Employees who are not feeling well are being asked to stay home. (On March 18th, City Manager Adam Ruechel announced implementation of an COVID-19 pay and leave policy. Among the provisions are that employees who are able to work remotely may do so, and that those who require time off to handle COVID-19-related health matters may take that time without penalty to compensation.)
- An employee in contact with someone displaying COVID-19 symptoms (including fever, cough, shortness of breath, and sore throat) have been asked to self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Employees who have traveled out of state are also being asked to self-quarantine.
Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding. We are all in this together as a community, and we appreciate your participation with The Mining & Rollo Jamison Museums.
Wishing you and your families the very best,