Visitors to the Mining & Rollo Jamison Museums are invited to tour the 1845 Bevans Lead Mine, ride in a 1931 mine train (weather permitting), and learn about the local history of Platteville and lead and zinc mining of the Upper Mississippi Valley. The Museums trace the development of our regional culture starting with mineral mining in the Driftless Area using models, dioramas, artifacts and photographs. A guided tour includes a walk down into the 1845 Bevans Lead Mine, a tour of the headframe building and hoist house, and an above-ground outdoor train ride pulled by a 1931 mine locomotive. The Rollo Jamison Collection exhibits include artifacts, stories and music of home, farm and family life and nostalgic local cultural history.

Book Now

Learn More

Subscribe to our mailing list

In the Spotlight

The Mining and Rollo Jamison Museums are managed by the City of Platteville's Museum Department.  

405 E. Main St./P.O. Box 780
Platteville, WI  53818
(608) 348-3301
museums@platteville.org

Book Now